Saturday, February 21, 2009

Back Where I Belong.

In bed, staring up at a crooked old light fixture that I've been meaning to replace for months, blogging next to my conked out husband.

Why did I ever leave something that allowed me to engage in the ego satisfying exercise that is writing about me?

Several reasons. Well, two.

1. I had an awful and busy fall semester at school. Convinced I failed a class I tore my blog down in a panicked rage-wanting to get rid of anything that distracted me from "real" work.


and

2. I started my blog under false pretenses-mostly to write mean things and communicate passively with people I didn't talk to in "real" life. Even though that stopped I still felt like my blog was tainted (he he...taint) with the past negative junk and I wanted to start anew.

Things you'll notice:

1. My blog has a different name. Smashed Words. Kinda stupid. Basic message-I usually only blog when I'm smashed thus the words are as well. Plus it gave me the opportunity to use the image of smashed glass behind my title-which-you know-Awesome! I don't know how well it's working, but I'm keeping it.

2. I added Google Ad sense which means there will be ads on my blog. I don't know how much I like this idea yet-and I know I'm allowing my blog to be used as a conduit for the computer God to run through-gather my information-and try to tempt you-the lovely reader-into clicking on my (the Computer God's) ads. I've totally whored myself out, but the curiosity about what ads they will put up and the idea that I could make any money were too strong to resist. So, if it doesn't work I'll take them down. It is a recession after all and apparently the price I put on my integrity is really, really low.

3. No more passive/aggressive words. Only smashed ones. Although the smashed part is nothing new. I'm going to be writing about anything that interests me at the moment-which could range from money and relationships to American history and legal shit. I don't know. I'm going to just go with it and hopefully it will be entertaining enough to share with other readers.

So, welcome to my new blog. Welcome to my new ads. It's going to be fun! Can't you just tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment