Sunday, February 22, 2009

I can't play music...but I can sure make an album cover.

So, listen here's this super cool thing you can do all indie/hipster/facebook style. I can't do it b/c I don't have MsPaint or photoshop, but here's the gist...make your own album cover based on these random rules: (where it says "hit", instead just copy and paste into your browser).

1 - Go to “wikipedia.” Hit “Random Article”
or click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random

The first random Wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.

2 - Go to “Random quotations”
or click http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.

3 - Go to flickr and click on “explore the last seven days”
or click http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days
Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

4 - Use Photoshop/MS Paint or similar to put it all together.

5- Post it in the comments! (Using Imageshack or any photo hoster)

I'm going to do the game without making the actual image.

Here's what mine would be:

The band name would be: Austria-Hungary

The album title would be: Walk rapidly and be unhappy

And this would be the album cover:


You guys-totally do this yourselves and post your faux album in the comments or give a link-I think it's fun. And deep! Wouldn't my created album look awesome all spliced together? I think so.

Update:
I just showed my husband this idea and he was like (more or less), "That's stupid.That picture with that band name...I'm going to do my own album, but I can't do it on this computer. So I'm going to do it on another computer." Yeah, like his random concoction is going to be any better than mine?! Anyway, here are some examples of fake album covers by those who were actually able to do it on "another computer". Just to give some inspiration:







You get the idea...I guess this must have been how all album covers were designed in the 90's.

No comments:

Post a Comment