Saturday, February 28, 2009

This Freaks Me Out! And other stories.

There is this person who I feel very angry about when I go looking for things to make me angry and I find them. But like a big idiot I keep looking. My mom told me that Ram Dass says that ones ego is attracted to these "sticky things" that aren't real, but are so attractive to latch onto. It's so tempting and I have to remind myself that it's my ego wanting to latch on. It's difficult to let go, walk away, acknowledge that it's unimportant when it's so easy to take in personally and take it is a decree about the kind of person you are and what you represent. Sticky ego sauce.

I guess it doesn't really freak me out, but it does make me feel like I'm in a constant state of taking two steps forward and one step back.

No comments:

Post a Comment